ArtYah Community Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


 
Poll Results
 
 Limit size of signature to make posts not sigs show up
 No limit, I like being able to have it take up up as much room as I want 6 42%
 One Line 1 7%
 Two Lines 1 7%
 Three Lines 4 28%
 Four Lines 2 14%
 Five Lines 0 0%
 Six Lines 0 0%
 Seven Lines 0 0%
 Eight Lines 0 0%
 Nine Lines 0 0%
 Ten Lines 0 0%
 Something else 0 0%
 View Voters
Total votes: 14. This poll has been closed.


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 576
Reply with quote  #1 
I have been wondering - as I have to scroll down past signatures to get to the meat of the next post - if we should have an informal limit on the number of lines that signatures should take up.  I know many forums limit it to two.  

I have just updated mine from four lines to one or two depending on width of page to see how it looks to get to next post

What do others think please ?   I have added a poll to include all the options currently used.

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art & Nail Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 282
Reply with quote  #2 
Though I chose no limit, I will gladly reduce mine. In fact, I am going to condense it this week. Running it to the margins will reduce the # of lines. I think the color of the signatures should be limited to something muted and unobtrusive. [smile] For instance, I think these are good colors for your signature, Rosemarys Memories  Vintage Twitter  @KerioakArt.

Same hue, but muted.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  Paper Nirvana Alpha Shop  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter


0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 576
Reply with quote  #3 
I like your idea of the hearts between the different headings - it is also nice to be able to see both posts on the page instead of one and having to scroll down for each individual message, think I will be able to see three.  Thanks for commenting, I did not think anyone was going to [smile]
__________________


Kerioak
 
Art & Nail Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 576
Reply with quote  #4 
28 views and 4 opinions  - anyone else?
__________________


Kerioak
 
Art & Nail Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
catwands

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 182
Reply with quote  #5 
I voted for 4 lines.  I just use 2 myself and they are links. I think everyone should be able to do it the way they want and use what color they want. I am not saying that a long paragraph should be allowed but I want to see some individuality with signatures. I don't want them looking the same. 
__________________

http://www.artyah.com/seller/catwands - supplies

http://www.artyah.com/seller/catshandmadeboutique - beaded jewelry

0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 576
Reply with quote  #6 
Ummm, I think you use three [smile]  

I think we can have individuality even with one line - with the different fonts etc - Sandi gave me an idea and I sort of copied her but used one of my own items .   Since I reduced mine from four to one it makes seeing the next post much easier

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art & Nail Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
Nodsu

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #7 
I really have no opinion - is it about the links in your forum posts, right? I think it might be 3 for me (desktop view) ... unless I completely misunderstand what it's about 😄

But I really have no opinion - very few will go too far and will get tired from it, by my previous forums experiences... so, whatever floats yer boat is fine by me 😄👍
0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 576
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Nodsu, you are using 5 - 3 with links and 2 as spaces [biggrin]
__________________


Kerioak
 
Art & Nail Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
Nodsu

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
Hi Nodsu, you are using 5 - 3 with links and 2 as spaces [biggrin]


Oh, that makes sense- I don't like things back to back - easier on the eyes 😄

I can decrease for sure, if it's too much! 😉
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 282
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catwands
I voted for 4 lines.  I just use 2 myself and they are links. I think everyone should be able to do it the way they want and use what color they want. I am not saying that a long paragraph should be allowed but I want to see some individuality with signatures. I don't want them looking the same. 


A bright, neon color is distracting, no matter how it is configured, and should be used only for emphasis in a post. My eyes return to that in a signature over and over. Distracting and obtrusive.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  Paper Nirvana Alpha Shop  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter


0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 282
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
I like your idea of the hearts between the different headings - it is also nice to be able to see both posts on the page instead of one and having to scroll down for each individual message, think I will be able to see three.  Thanks for commenting, I did not think anyone was going to [smile]


Hitting Alt and 3 makes the heart, if anyone is interested.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  Paper Nirvana Alpha Shop  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter


0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 282
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodsu
I really have no opinion - is it about the links in your forum posts, right? I think it might be 3 for me (desktop view) ... unless I completely misunderstand what it's about 😄 But I really have no opinion - very few will go too far and will get tired from it, by my previous forums experiences... so, whatever floats yer boat is fine by me 😄👍


Well, my signature was pretty deep (several lines with a couple of spaces between lines too) because I'm pretty creative with text/fonts/graphics. [nono]  So the longer the signature in lines, the further down it pushes the next comment from a member. More scrolling to see all of the comments, rather than being able to see several in one screen.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  Paper Nirvana Alpha Shop  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter


0
allaboutthebuttons

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #13 
I honestly don't care! The links/colors/length don't bother me.
__________________
All About The Buttons
0
flowersbyljp

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 30
Reply with quote  #14 
I used to have 4 lines, but just edited it to 3 lines.  So I voted for 3, but I don't have strong opinions on it.
__________________
Laurie
ArtYah shop: http://www.artyah.com/seller/flowersbyljp
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/flowersbyljp        Twitter: @flowersbyljp
0
catwands

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 182
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyCrafteryStudio


A bright, neon color is distracting, no matter how it is configured, and should be used only for emphasis in a post. My eyes return to that in a signature over and over. Distracting and obtrusive.


I need to have everything in bold. I can see better that way. I find skinny colored fonts get easily lost in the scheme of things. I also like color, I just have it in bold. To each their own. [smile]

__________________

http://www.artyah.com/seller/catwands - supplies

http://www.artyah.com/seller/catshandmadeboutique - beaded jewelry

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.