ArtYah Community Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
ALucas

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #1 
Interested in hearing what online photo editors are being used by ArtFire artist. I have been using Picasa but my photos are not near good enough after editing. Plus Picasa is disbanding. So....which editing company do some of you use?
0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 563
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, Welcome to Artyah Community Forum,

No idea which photo editors members on other sites use (did you forget where you where [biggrin] )  but I use Lightroom and Photoshop

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
123Gemstones

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #3 
I have photoshop, have used it for years.  You can get it on Ebay rather reasonable.  

Julie

__________________
Bold Statement Jewelry
https://www.artyah.com/seller/123gemstones
https://www.facebook.com/123gemstones/?ref=settings
https://www.instagram.com/123gemstones/
https://www.pinterest.com/123gemstones/
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome. You must have meant to say ArtYah. Been a while since I visited ArtFire. [smile] For online editors, Fotor https://www.fotor.com/ and PicMonkey https://www.picmonkey.com/ are very good, easy to use and free versions. Fotor has a free, desktop version also.

For purchased programs I use Affinity Photo, a powerful program from Serif https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/ (a somewhat new PhotoShop rival) where you buy the program outright, rather than buying a subscription. Free updates for minor ungrades between versions. I have Ver 1.6.1.93 and I've received 2-3 updates so far. The release of Ver 2 will be a paid upgrade.

My old favorite is PhotoStudio6 by Arcsoft http://www.arcsoft.com/topics/photo-editor/photo-effects.html an easy to use program good for beginners and intermediate users.

Advanced users like Gimp.org, a free PhotoShop-type program.

There's also Paint.Net, another free PhotoShop-type program.

I'm in love with Affinity Photo though. That and along with PhotoStudio 6 when I'm on my laptop, and I have all that I need.

Good luck to you!

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
Lynne-LMRCreations

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 219
Reply with quote  #5 
I use Photoshop Elements and have used it for many years.
__________________
Wire Wrapped & Woven Jewelry
https://www.zibbet.com/lmrcreations
0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 563
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Sandi
Affinity looks interesting - especially if they get a Lightroom equivalent as I have thousands of photos catalogued in that.    I was curious about the free upgrades for life but could not find details of this - only free upgrades until they bring out version 2 ?

I just wish Adobe would bring out a Linux version, the only reason I keep Windows OS is for those programmes.

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
Hi Sandi
Affinity looks interesting - especially if they get a Lightroom equivalent as I have thousands of photos catalogued in that.    I was curious about the free upgrades for life but could not find details of this - only free upgrades until they bring out version 2 ?

I just wish Adobe would bring out a Linux version, the only reason I keep Windows OS is for those programmes.


Hey Christine!

After researching your questions this morning, I see that I did misunderstand the free updates issue. Below is a link to show that minor updates are free between major version updates. They're now in 1, and I have Ver 1.6.1.93. Ver 2 will be a paid update. It is the ownership of the program, once purchased, that is for life.

I also included a link to a Lightroom Compatibility discussion. Don't know if you can read these forum posts though, because I'm logged in.

Serif is still working out bugs that are significant for some professional users who have formal graphic arts education. I'm self-taught, and still have a long way to go. So far, the program as it is works out great for me. I've been using image editing programs for years though.

I see it's currently being offered at $39.99.

The new workbook is $49.99 https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/workbook/


******

New to Affinity Photo (Dec 2017)

Answers below From MEB/ Dedicated User & Moderator

5. Yes for minor updates (1.7, 1.8 etc), up to version  2.0 which is a paid upgrade.

1. A ("major") upgrade is going from version 1 to version 2 or from v2 to 3 for example. Minor updates are what we offer for free between major versions like going from version 1.6 to 1.7 then to 1.8 an so on.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/51743-new-to-affinity-photo/#comment-261405



******

Lightroom Compatibility (Nov 2017)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49534-lightroom-compatibility/#comment-249016

 


__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 563
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Sandi
Yes, I can read the forums, had trouble doing a search though so the Lightroom link was useful, thanks.  I don't take anywhere near as many photos as I used to and I have been deleting a lot so I don't have to purchase larger hard drives but still have a LOT!.  I like Lightroom as I can just tell it to search, for instance for "red, toadstool" and every red toadstool I may have photographed over the last x number of years, IF I have keyworded them properly, will show up within seconds.  I used to use the programme in its previous incarnation as well before Adobe purchased it so it would be difficult to change unless I can still use the catalogues.  It does look as if Affinity will be a competitor to Photoshop at some point from the description though.

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
Hi Sandi
Yes, I can read the forums, had trouble doing a search though so the Lightroom link was useful, thanks.  I don't take anywhere near as many photos as I used to and I have been deleting a lot so I don't have to purchase larger hard drives but still have a LOT!.  I like Lightroom as I can just tell it to search, for instance for "red, toadstool" and every red toadstool I may have photographed over the last x number of years, IF I have keyworded them properly, will show up within seconds.  I used to use the programme in its previous incarnation as well before Adobe purchased it so it would be difficult to change unless I can still use the catalogues.  It does look as if Affinity will be a competitor to Photoshop at some point from the description though.


Do you know if there is a search feature similar to that in Windows folders? I do know I can search folders/files, since I've done that. If so, would I just add keywords in the file name string? I usually just look at the pics view to see the thumbnails. It could save me time though if I could and would search like that.

So Lightroom allows you to search keywords and pull the images directly into the photo editor? Is that how it works?

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
JewelryCordandAccessories

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi I use picmonkey.com and love it, there is a free version  or you can up date for 4.95. It is very easy for those who are challenged with the more sophisticated
ones.
Dee
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelryCordandAccessories
Hi I use picmonkey.com and love it, there is a free version  or you can up date for 4.95. It is very easy for those who are challenged with the more sophisticated
ones.
Dee


PicMonkey has great overlays, frames and other embellishments and features. It's fun to use. Is that upgrade $4.95 per month? It usually is. Too little for one-time payment.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
spoosyboo

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALucas
Interested in hearing what online photo editors are being used by ArtFire artist. I have been using Picasa but my photos are not near good enough after editing. Plus Picasa is disbanding. So....which editing company do some of you use?


I just recently acquired a IPAD Pro and downloaded Adobe Photoshop express.  Not only does the IPAD Pro take an amazing picture, I can then do post editing in Photoshop Express.  Very handy.  I have been using my DSLR and Photoshop on my regular computer, but I think I will be switching because taking my pics is so easy now and fast to edit.

__________________
Make More everyday!
SpoosyBoo Says so
https://www.artyah.com/seller/spoosyboo
https://www.facebook.com/SpoosyBoo/
https://www.instagram.com/spoosyboo/
https://twitter.com/spoosyboo


0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoosyboo


I just recently acquired a IPAD Pro and downloaded Adobe Photoshop express.  Not only does the IPAD Pro take an amazing picture, I can then do post editing in Photoshop Express.  Very handy.  I have been using my DSLR and Photoshop on my regular computer, but I think I will be switching because taking my pics is so easy now and fast to edit.


Yeah, that's what I'm always looking for, to reduce time in processing anything. That's how I upgrade, because I don't spend money doing that unless I see plainly that I now have a need for it. Happy for you! You sound so excited! [smile]

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
ALucas

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #14 
Thank you all for responding. I may ask more questions later. I posted my original question and then immediately got a call that my daughter fell and broke her jaw. I flew the next day from Alabama to be with her in NYC to help her recuperate - jaw wired shut! Left my camera at home so not able to shoot then investigate any of your wonderful responses. Drat! The good news is...it got up to 21* today!!! Oh boy, think I'll put on my bikini!!

0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALucas
Thank you all for responding. I may ask more questions later. I posted my original question and then immediately got a call that my daughter fell and broke her jaw. I flew the next day from Alabama to be with her in NYC to help her recuperate - jaw wired shut! Left my camera at home so not able to shoot then investigate any of your wonderful responses. Drat! The good news is...it got up to 21* today!!! Oh boy, think I'll put on my bikini!!



So sorry for your daughter's injury. Hope she's mending well and that you have a safe trip home.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.