ArtYah Community Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Barb

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 424
Reply with quote  #1 
Any one have any ides on a good browser. I had Firefox but it kept freezing up no matter what I did. I have the opera but don't really like it much.
I really liked Firefox but every time you turned around it would say Not Responding.
any ideas
I do not use chrome. I get hacked every time I try to put it on.

__________________
https://www.artyah.com/seller/handmadevarietyshop

https://www.pinterest.com/Creativedesignsbybarb/pins/

https://www.facebook.com/Handmadegiftsbybarb/
0
miascloset

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 76
Reply with quote  #2 
I use Chrome but was thinking of trying Microsoft edge.


__________________
Unique Pet Accessories
https://www.artyah.com/seller/miascloset
0
Barb

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 424
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miascloset
I use Chrome but was thinking of trying Microsoft edge.



I have Microsoft Edge nd it is ok but firefox was much better when t was working right

__________________
https://www.artyah.com/seller/handmadevarietyshop

https://www.pinterest.com/Creativedesignsbybarb/pins/

https://www.facebook.com/Handmadegiftsbybarb/
0
JustMeToo

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #4 
I was warned to stay away from Chrome from a few people who are much smarter than I am about computers.  I have no problem with firefox.
0
StyleUnique

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 18
Reply with quote  #5 
There is Chromium (not the same as Chrome), which I have have found very good for the quiz site I'm a member of.

https://www.artyah.com/seller/styleunique

0
Christine

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 553
Reply with quote  #6 
I use all three, Firefox and Chrome tend to freeze on occasion and Edge does not have any right click capability so you cannot right click on a link and open it in a new window, or see image details etc. and I hate those windows that appear above the address bar every time you go near the top of the page. 

Firefox is my favourite, I do find it freezes less if I don't have any Google windows open on it, I usually have at least five open and often many more.

__________________


Kerioak
 
Art
  Rosemarys Memories Vintage    Cottage Crochet    Twitter   Made in England

0
Barb

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 424
Reply with quote  #7 
I might try re installing Firefox and see what happens.
I am wondering if you have a 64 bit computer and Firefox version that you have is a 32 bit will it make a difference. Someone told me no but I still wonder about that.

__________________
https://www.artyah.com/seller/handmadevarietyshop

https://www.pinterest.com/Creativedesignsbybarb/pins/

https://www.facebook.com/Handmadegiftsbybarb/
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 480
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
Any one have any ides on a good browser. I had Firefox but it kept freezing up no matter what I did. I have the opera but don't really like it much.
I really liked Firefox but every time you turned around it would say Not Responding.
any ideas
I do not use chrome. I get hacked every time I try to put it on.


I'm going through lagging and freezing with FFox now. You know they have frequent updates, and these problems seem to kick in every other update or 3, then with the next update the problems are gone.

Tried Opera also. I do have Chrome for occasional use, especially when I want to fav an Artyah shop. Haven't found one that I like as much as FF though.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
TheHomespunLoft

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
I use all three, Firefox and Chrome tend to freeze on occasion and Edge does not have any right click capability so you cannot right click on a link and open it in a new window, or see image details etc. and I hate those windows that appear above the address bar every time you go near the top of the page. 

Firefox is my favourite, I do find it freezes less if I don't have any Google windows open on it, I usually have at least five open and often many more.


I have Edge and I can right click and open a new tab/window.
I also use Firefox and like that too. I generally have 2 browsers open at the same time to toggle between shops.


http://www.artyah.com/seller/thehomespunloft
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 480
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomespunLoft


I have Edge and I can right click and open a new tab/window.
I also use Firefox and like that too. I generally have 2 browsers open at the same time to toggle between shops.


http://www.artyah.com/seller/thehomespunloft


You can open unlimited new tabs in FFox and Chrome also. Using FFox tabs I rarely have to have two different browsers open.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
Barb

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 424
Reply with quote  #11 
I re installed FireFox and made sure I go the 64 bit one and so far it is doing great
The one I had before was the 32bit. That might have had something to do with it since my computer is a 64 bit computer

__________________
https://www.artyah.com/seller/handmadevarietyshop

https://www.pinterest.com/Creativedesignsbybarb/pins/

https://www.facebook.com/Handmadegiftsbybarb/
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 480
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
I re installed FireFox and made sure I go the 64 bit one and so far it is doing great
The one I had before was the 32bit. That might have had something to do with it since my computer is a 64 bit computer


Good idea! Hope it makes a big difference for you. I also have 64-bit though, so don't be surprised if you still have some issues, but I hope the worse of them are gone.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
TherrisTreasures

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #13 
With FireFox, you have to clear your browser cache once in a while. Go into Menu>Options>Security, then clear your cache. This will free up any disc space which will make it hard to facilitate the browser refresh rate. Always make sure that your browser is updated to the latest bit rate.
0
ZeeP

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 18
Reply with quote  #14 
switch to Mac and all problems solved.
On Mac you can use FF too, Chromium, and there are some new very good browsers privacy and security oriented, mostly to defend yourself from Google's tracking everything you do.
These browsers are:Tor, Brave and few more.
There is also SeaMonkey based on Mozila platform(same as FF), and Vivaldi, from the same developers who created Opera.

__________________
http://www.artyah.com/seller/zeeposter
0
ArtsyCrafteryStudio

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 480
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeP
switch to Mac and all problems solved.
On Mac you can use FF too, Chromium, and there are some new very good browsers privacy and security oriented, mostly to defend yourself from Google's tracking everything you do.
These browsers are:Tor, Brave and few more.
There is also SeaMonkey based on Mozila platform(same as FF), and Vivaldi, from the same developers who created Opera.


Are you saying that you dumped your PC and bought a Mac/Apple? I learned to use a Mac in the mid-80s, when they were being introduced to the general public, and they were advanced and easier to use than the DOS-driven PCs. Now, I've used a PC with Microsoft Windows for decades, so not sure that I want to change now. I haven't been having the problems that have been discussed though. Many people hate Microsoft's monopoly I know, but I'm so deep in now, and at my age I'll probably just stay.[smile]

Only problem is that I still have to go to Chrome to fav shops. Faving them helps me to quickly find someone I am looking for, so it's important. Chrome has not grown on me, so I always use FF.

__________________
Sandi [comp]  ♥  Artsy Craftery Studio  ♥  The Creative Seller Website  ♥  Pinterest  ♥  Instagram  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Twitter

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.